- Because we are losing the America we know and love
- Because the ambition, power-lust and utopian fantasies of the liberal/left elite are leading us to moral, intellectual and fiscal bankruptcy
- Because there is widespread confusion about the course our country needs to take to recover its former greatness
There are many declarations, manifestos, pronouncements and books that constitute a conservative call to action. Why one more?
- Because the Mandate is simple and straightforward. It can be read in a minute or two. The printed version (a 3 ½ x 3 ½ booklet) can fit in a man’s wallet or lady’s purse.
- Because the Mandate’s 10 demands (or principles) encapsulate basic truths about good government, constitutionalism and real reform
- Because it deals with principles, not legislation, the Mandate is not subject to the vagaries of politics
- Because the Mandate will be used to create a Candidate’s Contract which will allow citizens to assess the intensions and underlying values of those seeking elective office
The Mandate isn’t a conservative manifesto (though conservatives certainly can endorse it).
Rather, the Mandate is a blueprint for national renewal and a guide for those who are dedicated to pulling America back from the abyss. It is a clarion call to fiscal responsibility, traditional morality, a free-market economy, limited government and national security.
2010 is a crucial year for America. Either we will begin the process of American renewal and the restoration of the republic on the principles on which it was founded, or we will continue down the road to national dissolution with accelerating speed.
It is our hope and prayer that the Mandate to Save America will make a significant contribution to the discussion, the debate and the educational process which must take place if America is to be saved.